With many more trends taking the fashion capital by storm, we have been doing our own round of these trends to perk up the weather a little out here. Just recently, Marc Cain, the international fashion brand held an exclusive trends presentation for us. We had none other than ace fashion stylist, costume designer and Vogue’s Fashion Director Anaita Shroff Adajania for company. At their new Napean Sea Road store, we chatted up on trends, taking style-wise inspiration from the latest collection presented by Marc Cain as well. We breezed through some of the key trends which have taken the fashion world by storm. Here’s what is causing a stir in the fashion flurry at the moment!
Anaita highlighted important trends for us to organize our wardrobe in ready-to-wear spring summer mode
- ‘The Great Gatsby 21’, think muted colour palette, floaty flapper dresses, feathers, fringing and opulent sparkle. We love the style exhibited in the movie and would gladly recommend to recreate this one! The Gatsby theme at Marc Cain is seen in the luxurious shimmering surfaces, sophisticated cream and sand shades, and extravagant paisley prints. Don’t we just love paisley prints? It’s about time to keep it real by teaming it up with fringed skirt and a graphic printed top along with sky-high heels. The season’s must-have accessories also include T-bar shoes, small hats, printed scarves and sand coloured clutch bags.
- ‘African Love Affair’- This one highlights the laid back safari style which is ideal for the summer with various animal prints, tribal patterns and hints of neon. Use some of your creativity by teaming it up on casual blazers, slim trousers and skirts. The brights and neons are brought to life and can be balanced by pairing it with pastel blouses and tops. Think monochrome blazers!
- ‘African Graphics’- Another one from the land of the lost, this includes animal inspired prints and bold contrasting ethnic prints are a hot favourite for the season. It is all about mixing prints, colours and textures for Spring/Summer 2013. What’s available at Marc Cain? We are taken through graphic prints which are combined creatively with ringlets, dots and knitted summer tweeds and are seen on printed trench coats, trousers, leather jackets and belts. Use your imagination and play it cool, we say!
- ‘Funky Mix’, celebrates the print mix in a stylish and contemporary way. This theme is all about Flower Power! Nothing says summer like flowers in full bloom and we have said it more often than not! From how to wear them to what to wear them with and of course, the who wore it best, we heart this trend all the way. From a rose-infused bikini to chic straight-from-the-garden sunglasses, flowers are literally everywhere! Eye-catchers include jeans with faded flower prints and the jersey biker jackets covered with printed blossoms.
- ‘Surfer Girls’- This one transmits casualness and zest for life with its imaginative prints and light materials. This look which is for sporty elegance uses colours like delicate green and soft sand shades. The perfect accessories are fringed kerchiefs and linen scarves.
We quizzed Anaita on her favourite trend and she vouched for the “The Surfer Girl look saying, ’It resonates the best for me! Tingling pastels to neon colours that provide subtle accents this look is casual yet feminine and elegant.’ Our favourite was the African Love Affair which was the perfect mix of laidback-meets-maximalism. Have you picked your hot favourite, yet?